Oregon Single Malt American Whiskey, Batch 5 & 6:
Our Single Farm Oregon Single Malt Barley comes from Mecca Grade Estate Growers in Madras, Oregon.
- Batches 5 & 6 of our Oregon Single Malt is our initial release vintage from Mecca Grade Estate Growers grown in the 2014 “Full Pint” Two-row Barley fields #3 through #8 and #28, just north of Agency Plains as found in the farm plot map below. The next future release will be from fields #19 and #20.
- Mecca Grade has their own mechanized floor malting facility which is producing one of the best malts commercially available. Read the full analysis of their full pint malt here.
- The Full Pint, Pelton varietal malted barley is milled, brewed, fermented, and twice pot-distilled at Tualatin Valley Distilling in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Batch 5 was aged for 6 1/2 months concurrently in both charred American Oak and toasted Hungarian Oak; batch 6 aged for 8 months in the same barreling program.
- The single malt whiskey is then vatted and blended from both barrels types prior to proofing and bottling.
- Read more about our partnership with Mecca Grade in this article on Local Malts published on The Whiskey Wash
Proofed at 92 (46% alcohol by volume) this aged whiskey presents a balance between caramel, fresh cut wood, mild peanut butter and jelly notes, with a hint of light carob and anise on the back of the palate. With a mild note of char over taken by caramel, this whiskey continues to maintain a subtle complexity sure to please the Scotch drinker’s palate.